Knee physiotherapy can be ideal for knee pain. Causes of knee conditions can include;
- overuse injuries
- chronic conditions
- bio-mechanical derangement
- sports injuries
Did You Know? From – *The Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Women suffer from more knee pain and disability than men
- In Australia more than 30 000 people have replacement knee surgery each year, and nearly two-thirds are women
- In the 2002 winter Olympics, the most commonly injured joint was the knee; and the most common knee injury was the ACL tear
- In 2002, rupture of the ACL accounted for 6.5 per cent of basketball and 14.8 per cent of netball hospitalised injuries in Australia
- It is estimated that there are 676 000 knee injuries in Australia each year
- Over 1.2 million Australians suffer from osteoarthritis, and about 80 per cent of these suffer from knee osteoarthritis. It is the leading cause of musculoskeletal pain and disability.
- Injuries can happen when you do something new, different or strenuous, such as lifting heavy items or playing a new sport. The pain may also occur because of a build-up of stress on the back that gradually turns into an injury.
A physiotherapist can assist as part of the team which will get your knee working again.
If you need a specialist physio for knee pain, contact us online or call 02 8544 3231 now.